Independent Study

If a student will be out of school for 5 days or more the student or parent requests Independent Study. Requests must be made at least 5 school days in advance. 

Student's grades and attendance must be satisfactory for the student to receive an Independent Study Contract.

Both student and parent must sign the contract.

Please contact Mrs. Cedillo for more information at



The Orcutt Union School District does not discriminate against individuals based on actual or perceived race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sex, or sexual orientation. Compliance Officer: Susan Salucci, Assistant Superintendent, Human Resources/Discrimination/Equity & Title lX Compliance Officer, 500 Dyer Street, Orcutt, CA 93455, Email:, Phone: 805-938-8909. See district policies at